Monday, April 23, 2012

The Walk with Per

Kids are great, and Per is no exception. The exception to them not being great is not that they're not great, it's that you're not great, in that moment, and don't have the patience for their greatness in the form it is coming in. Sometimes, that greatness takes the form of whining. Or playing with trains when it's time to get ready for school. And I find myself thinking to myself "I will kill you" and I know it's time to take a self-enforced timeout.

The walk to the daycare from the nearest tram stop is rife with things to look at and comments to be made. They're the same things and the same comments every day, and while it's sometimes agonizing, it's usually just enchanting. Every day, it's the same things that garner a pause (sometimes a long one) and conversation nearly identical to the one we had to day before at the same spot.

Untitled

"¡Mira! ¡Que bonita!"

Untitled


Untitled

¡Mira! McQueen..." (check out those boots)

Untitled

"¿ Dónde están los patos?" (crossing the bridge over the river)

Untitled

"¡Mira! ¡Como tu!" (I wear dresses.)

Untitled

"¡Mira! ¡Como mi!" (Per has a little white rabbit like these.)

Untitled

Tell me you're not enchanted. I dare you.




Love,
Alex

2 comments: