Monday, April 16, 2012

A Market for Birds

If you're thinking, hey now, would you please clarify? Is this a market run by birds, or does it cater exclusively to birds, then you think like me and let's start a club. We'll call it "Imagination is Better than Reality" or something clever like that. These photos were taken at the Sunday Bird Market (regrettably, a market that sells birds and a few other animals) on the Île de la Cité. I could've spent all day there, but my traveling companions didn't like the look in my eye and indeed, I was hatching a plan to steal a couple of rabbits and free a particularly high-spirited cage of birds. Ah well, at least I have these photos, and a series of adventure-fantasies in which myself and a band of ruffians (the rabbits and birds) take Paris by storm, freeing pets all over the city and eating pizza every night in our surprisingly cozy sewer-home. Wait, am I thinking of something else? Here are the photos, in any case.




















Love,
Alex

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I've always wanted to go there-I've read about it. The swimming birds are particularly unique. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete