Sunday, March 18, 2012

Communication Skills Are Important for People





Conversation over dinner:


Alex: Per, I want you to do something for me. You've been licking your upper lip, and it's starting to get red, so I want you to try and stop licking your lip, OK?
Per: (Blank look)
Pete: Put some vasaline on it. Then he won't lick it.
Alex: (Ignoring Pete) Per, do you understand what I'm saying? Try not to lick your upper lip (I touch his upper lip).
Pete: Just put some vasaline on it. Prevention is better than a cure.
Alex: (Still ignoring) Per, do you understand what I said?
Per: Umm-hmm.
Alex: What did I ask you to do?
Per: Dunno.
Pete: (Laughing). At least he's honest.
Alex: Don't do this (licks upper lip) because it's making your lip red, and it's going to make your lip hurt.
Pete: Use vasaline. Prevention is better than the cure. Per, what do you want, prevention, or a cure?
Per: No! I want more milk!


Yes, Per, exactly. Message delivered.





Love,
Alex


2 comments:

  1. Oh my giddy gods, that sounds EXACTLY like Pete and Per. And you. haha... I can totally imagine it!

    ReplyDelete